A San Jose native, Ralph began his career in local commercial and industrial real estate by following in the footsteps of his father, Nelo, who founded N. G. Borelli Realtor in 1955. Ralph joined the firm in 1973 at age 19, when he obtained his first real estate license while still in college. He continued to work part-time until graduation, and then entered the field full-time—becoming president of the company when his father retired in 1977.
Ralph soon began expanding the firm’s capabilities—from brokerage, development, and management of residential, retail, and industrial properties to the broad range of services it offers today. In 1979, Ralph directed the formation of Borelli Investment Company’s first syndicated partnership to acquire multi-tenant industrial and office properties. In its history, Borelli Investment Company has formed over 35 partnerships with a portfolio of more than four million square feet, valued at over $600 million in property management accounts. Currently Borelli has 11 partnerships operating a total of nearly 1,000,000 sq. ft. that is valued at over $250 million.
In addition to providing overall direction for the company, Ralph has negotiated several joint ventures on various industrial and office developments. He has also sold in excess of 2,000 acres of land, 150 buildings, and negotiated more than 4,000 leases.
Ralph received his degree in real estate from San Jose State University in 1976. In addition, Ralph has worked with numerous industry groups and earned many distinctions within his profession. These include:
- Member of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Member of the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
- Member of the Santa Clara County Association of Realtors (SCCAOR)
- Member of the Association of Silicon Valley Brokers (ASVB) of which he is a former board member
- Member of Home Builders Association (HBA)
- Member of the National Association of Industrial Office Parks (NAIOP)
- Awarded the 1984 Outstanding Investment Broker of the Year by the San Jose Chamber of Commerce and ASVB
- Borelli Investment Company has been named one of the top property management firms multiple times by the Business Journal
- Awarded the ASVB 2004 Land Broker and 2005 Land Broker Awards
- Awarded the Business Journal Structures award for the greatest amount of transactions in the category of “Land Deal of the Year” in October, 2005
- Named CoStar Power Broker for 2005
- Co-founder and co-managing partner of Club Auto Sport car condominiums
- Founder and owner of Borelli Motor Sports
- Avid driver of restored historic race cars
To contact Ralph Borelli, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org