A half-century of service in commercial real estate
It was 1955. The first color televisions were being brought home and switched on. Disneyland was opening its gates. The minimum wage was 75 cents an hour. And Silicon Valley was a vast mosaic of apricot and prune orchards, extending in every direction from small, but growing cities such as San Jose, Santa Clara, and Palo Alto.
1955 was also the year that Nelo G. Borelli established what would become Borelli Investment Company.
In the early years, Borelli Investment Company had a staff of five or six people, putting together and managing syndicated investments for a handful of properties—all in the South Bay area. During the real estate boom of the 1970s and 1980s, Borelli began to grow—but wisely focused on multi-tenant office and industrial buildings—not the glamorous R&D space that would be the undoing of so many firms. Over time, we have selectively broadened our horizons and extended our reach—adding services and moving into other markets stretching from the Peninsula and East Bay, to the fast-growing Central Valley.
Nelo’s son, Ralph, took over for his father in 1977, and has continued to provide the leadership that attracts the highest quality owner-investors and tenants—as well as talented real estate professionals—to build Borelli Investment Company into what it is today: one of the most respected commercial real estate firms in Northern and Central California.
Read more historical information about the Borelli Investment Company by viewing Industrial Park Project Started (1975) and Nelo Borelli is a Businessman for All Seasons (1983) articles. Achronological summary of Borelli Investment Company’s history is also available.